Planning a vacation? Want to look your best with your natural hair? Try out these hacks to ensure a smooth transition! We have complied a list of 10 most useful hack to be aware of when traveling. If you want to make your curly hair life easier then read on! Traveling while natural doesn’t have to be a scary thing. No matter your hair texture or curl pattern, these are bound to help you out on your travels!
- Weather Forecast Awareness– Checking this ahead of time will make life so much easier! Especially if it will rain, using Her Given Hair clip ins are essential! Photo credit: @shantania_beckford via Instagram, using 12″ x 3 bundles of coily clip in extensions.
2. Plane Mode– This is how you can keep a low profile and maintenance look on the go. Comfortable and chic! To avoid TSA mishaps make sure to keep your twist nice and neat underneath, just in case they want to have a look.
3. Travel Sized Accessories– Bring your favorite flowers on pins and or elastic headbands to deck out your holiday looks. Don’t forget to add water so that you and your natural hair stays hydrated.
4. T-shirts as towels– If you go swimming or end up washing your hair while on vacation make sure to use your old t-shirt to dry your strands. It won’t snag you natural curls and it helps to lay your hair overnight if needed! Photo by @simplycyn using 18″ coily U part wig
5. Perm Rods Twist Knots– Bantus are simple, versatile, and easy to implement. Just moisturize, twist, and add perm rods to the ends to prevent straggly looking ends. Great definition here we come!
6. Goddess Pin Twists– Power up with your favorite front twist embellished in gold! Bring out your feminine shine and glow. Flat twist as normal and pin down stretched ends to lengthen your curls.
8. Edges To Go– Keep a small travel sized container filled with your favorite gel or edge control. Perfect for touch ups and frizzy ends!
9. Tie it up!- Attach hair elastics to your key chain for easy access all day long! Braid, twist, and tuck away.
Photo credit: @natures.curls via Instagram using 14″ curly clipin
10. Baby Fresh– Use baby wipes to remove excess oil and dirt from your scalp.